20120810

Phantasy Star II Text Adventures

Hey!

Before I begin, I think this post may have some spoilers for the games, so If want to play them with full potential (wich I advise, 'cos they are very enjoyable) , please don't read any further!

Recently I started playing Phantasy Star II Text Adventures, a serie of 8 mini games (released in 1990 for Sega Mega Drive) revealing the backgrounds of the heroes from Phantasy Star II.

This games, as the name tells, are mainly text with only a few imagens to give us a ideia of major characters and monsters wich we encounter, as well as the background behind them.

It's very interesting to see how we imagine this scenes in our minds, and how that may differ so much from the minds of others, namely from the creators.

For example, In Ann's Adventure, I imagined a scene with Ann and Heinz (and we only see the face of Heinz waaay later from this scene), where Ann takes a dimate from Heinz's table and I think he may be pissed off with that, and in my head, it went on like this:




Yeah, I exagerated, I didn't think he was a jerk, but he was some german guy preocupied only with cure stuff (oh, btw, dimate is an item used to cure small injuries).
Later, when he appeared and finnaly showed his face, it was smth like this:





Yeah, I noticed the difference too...
So here he is, with some more justice to it:




So, Ann is a young doctor, and I imagined her like this:
 
But again, I was mistaken, because her suit is not so intriguing like the one I imagined. You can see it here:

 


There's a final scene where Heinz comes to rescue Ann from the Boss, a f* monster (Kite Dragon, I think), and he comes with a powerfull ring and kills the dragon with it!
So, I began imaging how the hell did he used the ring.




(like captain planet, in case you don't see it by the draw)
So, definetly  the coolest way to use a ring in battle is like in Captain Planet:





So, it's extremly funny how things can change in our mind when we haven't a clue about it!








Sem comentários: